tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mark Eggers <its_toas...@yahoo.com>
Subject mod_jk build on UNIX - mini How To
Date Wed, 23 Apr 2003 17:45:51 GMT
In the flavor of my recently posted mod_jk2 mail
message, here's one for mod_jk.

Again, I'm just a network/sysadmin/application person
and in no way associated with the ASO.  The following
is based on my experience (just did it this morning).

This was done on Redhat 9 Linux, but it should work
for all flavors of
UNIX systems.

1. Download
jakarta-tomcat-connectors-jk-1.2.2-src.tar.gz from
http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-tomcat-connectors/jk/release/v1.2.2/src/

2. Uncompress it and extract the tar file.

3. jakarta-tomcat-connectors-jk-1.2.2-src/jk/native

4. chmod u+x configure

5. Run configure with:

   ./configure
  --with-apxs=<apache-root-directory>/bin/apxs \
  --with-java-home=<java-root-directory> \
  --with-jni

For example:

  ./configure --with-apxs=/home/apache/bin/apxs \
	      --with-java-home=/usr/java \
	      --with-jni

6. If you use Apache 1.3 with SSL (mod_ssl), you will
need to add the following to your configure command:

--enable-EAPI

For example:

  ./configure --with-apxs=/home/apache/bin/apxs \
	      --with-java-home=/usr/java \
	      --with-jni \
	      --enable-EAPI

6. Run make

7. The .so files will be in the appropriate
subdirectories:

apache-1.3 - mod_jk for apache 1.3.x
apache-2.0 - mod_jk for apache 2.0.x
iis        - mod_jk for iis
jni        - jkjni (if selected during configure)
netscape   - mod_jk for netscape server
domino     - mod_jk for domino server

8. Copy those to files to
<apache-root-directory>/modules with the proper
permissions.

9. Configure and restart

HTH

/mde/