tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Barry O'Donovan" <>
Subject MBeanServer is not available (repeat)
Date Tue, 15 Apr 2003 10:04:22 GMT

I apologise in advance if this question has been asked and answered, but in
 my defense, I have searched the archives and found nothing appropriate.

Everytime I try to run the admin app (log in and get the main page, select an
option), I get a "javax.servlet.UnavailableException: MBeanServer is not
available" error in the admin apps log file.

The two required listeners (I believe) are in the server.xml file:

  <Listener className="org.apache.catalina.mbeans.ServerLifecycleListener"

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated,

Barry O'Donovan

Barry O'Donovan  -  -

Roinn na Ríomheolaíochta, An Coláiste Ollscoile, Baile Átha Cliath, Éire.
Department of Computer Science, University College Dublin, Ireland.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message