tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Lior Shliechkorn <liorshli...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: [OFF TOPIC] ServletOutputstream Issue
Date Mon, 14 Apr 2003 19:01:19 GMT
What is the content length setting? I've tried basically everything but I'm not able to get
it to work.
"Cox, Charlie" <ccox@cincom.com> wrote:are you opening the URL in Excel or IE?

if you are using IE try these:
1. does your URL for the servlet end in xls? IE handles PDF this way - I'm
not sure if xls would be the same. try adding ?x=xls to the end of your URL
and see if that works.

2. Are you setting the content-length? This may help.

3. Set the content-disposition :
response.setHeader("Content-Disposition", "attachment;filename=abc.xls;");

hope that helps,
Charlie