tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Lior Shliechkorn <liorshli...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [OFF TOPIC] ServletOutputstream Issue
Date Mon, 14 Apr 2003 18:12:16 GMT
Here is the file... Thanks

Erik Price <eprice@ptc.com> wrote:

Lior Shliechkorn wrote:
> Yes, I have the header in place, and the utility creates a workbook, and then I use the
WorkBook.write( outputstream). But for some reason it's not recognizing the excel data, and
it's trying to open it up as the servlet name in excel and saying that the file cannot be
opened. But when I try to generate the file to disk it works fine.

I don't mean to suggest the obvious, and this doesn't really sound like
the source of your problem, but you've confirmed that if you were to
write this output stream to a File you can open it in Excel with no
problems? (I'm not really sure what else to suggest, other than perhaps
posting your servlet code.)

Erik