tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Lior Shliechkorn <liorshli...@yahoo.com>
Subject [OFF TOPIC] ServletOutputstream Issue
Date Mon, 14 Apr 2003 17:19:40 GMT
Hi, I'm trying to use POI as a utility to generate a report in excel. The process to generate
the report is as following (IIS5 & Tomcat 4.0.5): 1. JSP page with a form2. Servlet to
pass the req, res to another servlet (appropriate report)3. Servlet (1. for HTML view and
2. for Excel view) I have no problems except when I try to get the file to be opened or saved
on the client side it's trying to open/save the servlet at step 2. It's not prompting to save
an xls file or open one, and I'm getting an error of site unavailable and the download fails.
Any help would be great with this, since I'm obviously missing something about the outputstream.
Again, thanks for taking the time to review my question, Lior