tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Cavan Morris <cmor...@paycom.net>
Subject Re: DBCP JNDI problem
Date Mon, 14 Apr 2003 22:05:43 GMT
Yah, I took a look in the source code and figured that out, but that points to
another problem.  Tomcat doesn't seem to be picking up any of the
resourceParams for my resource.  The DBCP factory was set there so I hard
coded it into a system property and sure enough it started complaining about
not being able to load JDBC Driver class 'null'.  Since the driver was
another parameter I set in the config file I'm pretty sure it's not picking
up any of them.  The new error is below.  Any reason why tomcat wouldn't be
picking up <ResourceParams>.  I am using 4.0.6 by the way.

java.sql.SQLException: Cannot load JDBC driver class 'null'
        at
org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource.createDataSource(BasicDataSource.java:529)
        at
org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource.getConnection(BasicDataSource.java:312)

My config is in the previous letter below.
Once again, Help!

-Cavan Morris