tomcat-users mailing list archives

From stronggrowth <stronggro...@yahoo.com>
Subject Servlet/JSP Slow Startup
Date Sat, 12 Apr 2003 18:59:07 GMT
Hi, I just installed Tomcat 4.1.24, and tried out the index.jsp.It took 2 minutes for it to
come up, same as for loading aservlet.  However, after the first startup, loading different
jsp or servlets were much faster. I am currently using Sun JVM 1.4 on a 500MHz Pentiumwith
256 RAM, running Window 2000.   I setup two system variables CATALINA_OPTS andJVM_OPTS, and
set both of them to "-Xms128m -Xmx256m".Are there any configuraitons that I have to do to
speed upthe startup time?  2 minutes for the first startup time isnot usable. Any pointer
or help is much appreciated.   Dennis