tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Andre E. Bar'yudin" <baryu...@pob.huji.ac.il>
Subject Re: Best Linux For Apache/Tomcat (SuSE or Red Hat?)
Date Sat, 12 Apr 2003 15:44:46 GMT
On Сбт, Апр 12, 2003 at 05:22:49 -0600, Peter Alvin wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I need to set up another simple website server using Apache/Tomcat.
> What is the best Linux distribution or is it purely one's preference?
>  (I have none.)
>
> The only box I've set up was with SuSE and it was a little difficult
> because it appeared that the "ready to install object code" was a
> little bit more out of date for SuSE than for Red Hat.  I'm thinking
> of building the box using Red Hat.
>
> Any recommendations?

I personally run all my java stuff on RH (versions 7.2-8.0) and find it
relatively simple, due to the fact, that there are a lot of RPM packages
for many java libraries and applications, including JDK and Tomcat.  See
http://www.jpackage.org/ for a good collection.

Note, that the new RedHat 9.0 has issues with Sun's JDKs.  You should
use the latest one from http://java.sun.com

Regards,

Andre.

--
Andre E. Bar'yudin
Phone: (972)-54-882-026       ICQ: 48036924