tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jan Fetyko <ja...@phase2online.com>
Subject Re: SSL problem
Date Wed, 09 Apr 2003 13:13:27 GMT
Thank you,

this is one of the "save a hard copy forever" emails that saved me a lot of time and my life
among other things.

:))

Thanks to both Giulia and Keith.

Jf

On Mon, 7 Apr 2003 08:32:45 -0700 (PDT)
Giulia Hill <ghill@library.berkeley.edu> wrote:

> Following the Keith Brady's directions - his email included at the end - I
> was able to use my old certificate and keys.
>
> Here in a nutshell the two pieces I changed, see Keith's mail for more
> details.
>
> server.xml
>     <!-- Define a SSL Coyote HTTP/1.1 Connector on port 8443 -->
>         [...]
>       <Factor
>            className="org.apache.coyote.tomcat4.CoyoteServerSocketFactory"
>                clientAuth="false" keystoreType="PKCS12"
>                keystoreFile="/opt/catalina/keystore/keystore.p12"
>                keystorePass="myPasswd" protocol="TLS" />
>     </Connector>
>
> % openssl pkcs12 -export -inkey sunsite2.berkeley.edu.key -in  \
>       sunsite2.berkeley.edu.crt -descert -name tomcat -out keystore.p12
>
> Giulia

Jan Fetyko
ScriptFighter
Phase 2 Development
4100 Perimeter Center, #310
Oklahoma City
OK 73112

email: janof@phase2online.com
(p) 405.917.3777
(p) direct line: 405.917.3779
(url) http://www.phase2online.com
"Oklahoma City's fastest growing web development company"

Today's "fortune":

October.  This is one of the peculiarly dangerous months to speculate in stocks in.  The others
are July, January, September, April, November, May, March, June, December, August, and February.
 		-- Mark Twain, 'Pudd'nhead Wilson's Calendar'