tomcat-users mailing list archives

From kal inuganti <>
Subject Posting Resumes
Date Fri, 04 Apr 2003 16:06:30 GMT

I am creating a sample struts application using Tomcat in which a user can copy/paste a resume
from microsoft word and post it. I noticed that a couple of characters from word are being
transformed into other characters in my servlet/action class. I was wondering if anybody else
has had such an experience.

Example ‘Sun Certified Java Programmer’  is being transformed to ?Sun Certified Java Programmer?

Also, if anybody knows of a workaround/webserver setting changes, please let me know. Thanks!

Do you Yahoo!?