tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Knight, Digby" <Digby_Kni...@hen.invesco.com>
Subject RE: [ot] Re: IDE
Date Tue, 29 Apr 2003 13:39:15 GMT
I quite happily use SunOne Studio which is also free and based on Netbeans.
It has got a lot of useful features but is a bit big and sluggish - my old
128Mb laptop running SunOne and Tomcat basically ground to a halt, but with
512Mb it's flying along.

I tried Eclipse and it was much faster with a much usable interface, but it
came with far fewer features out-of-the-box than SunOne (e.g. JSP editing).

Then again, I always keep being tempted back to EditPlus and Ant, but
type-ahead is just too useful!

Dig

-----Original Message-----
From: Vano Beridze [mailto:vano.beridze@silkroad.ge]
Sent: 29 April 2003 22:35
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: RE: [ot] Re: IDE

http://www.netbeans.org

Cool integration with tomcat. A little bit sluggish but powerful.
And for free of course. :)

Vano

On Tue, 2003-04-29 at 07:14, James Lewis wrote:
> I'll concur with that, Eclipse is fantastic and if you use the Lomboz
plugin
> at:
>
> http://www.objectlearn.com/index.jsp
>
> It gives you nice jsp debugging/deployment enviroment for a variety of
> servers including a lot of tomcat versions.
>
> Cheers,
>
> james

Vano Beridze <vano.beridze@silkroad.ge>
Silkroad Corporation S.A.

The information in this email and in any attachments is
confidential and intended solely for the attention and use
of the named addressee(s). This information may be
subject to legal professional or other privilege or may
otherwise be protected by work product immunity or other
legal rules.  It must not be disclosed to any person without
our authority.

If you are not the intended recipient, or a person
responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you
are not authorised to and must not disclose, copy,
distribute, or retain this message or any part of it.