tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Justin Smith <jsm...@mcs.drexel.edu>
Subject Re: Server intermittantly refuses to display jsp's
Date Wed, 30 Apr 2003 12:25:53 GMT
On Tue, 2003-04-29 at 10:49, Justin Smith wrote:
> I'm running Apache 2.0, Tomcat 4.1.24 and mod-jk2 on a Redhat linux 9.0
> system.
>
> The configuration (workers2.properties and jk2.properties) is the
> default minimal one listed in the documentation pages for mod_jk2.

I think I've solved this problem. I declared shared memory in

workers2.properties

and the problem appears to have gone away.

If this is a fix, I think the standard minimal example configurations
should be updated to include this (with, maybe, a comment saying that
this is needed for Apache). In general, mod_jk2 is very poorly
documented so that it is hard to figure this out from the documentation.