tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Arturo Vazquez <...@ciencias.unam.mx>
Subject Re: Help: Servlets Change behavior from Tomcat 4.0.1 to Tomcat 4.1.24
Date Fri, 25 Apr 2003 23:54:01 GMT
On Mon, 2003-04-21 at 12:51, Tim Funk wrote:
> - Hopefully your not using the invoker servlet. If you depend on it - it
> needs re-enabled
> - what do the logs say? (local_host..., catalina.out)
> - does turning up debugging help? (provide more insight)
> - did you check the release notes? (In case of any gotchas)
> - are you using this with apache - Is that setup corect? I suggest ditching
> apache until everything else is working ok. Then re-introduce apache when all
>   is ok.

may I ask which distribution are you using, in particular if you are
using the RPM there is no default for JAVA_ENDORSED_DIRS so tomcat
starts without the ${CATALINA_HOME}/common/endorsed dir as stated in the
documentation which in my case contain vital classes for my servlets to
work properly
					VAZ
PS: if this is NOT your problem then providing the information requested
above may help