tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Keith Brady <kbr...@newbay.com>
Subject Re: Losing Session Affinity on Apache-Tomcat AJP13
Date Mon, 14 Apr 2003 15:29:30 GMT
On Mon, 2003-04-14 at 15:06, Xu, William [CC] wrote:
> I configured one Apache and two Tomcat instances on a Solaris box. The load
> balancing seems to work well. However the session affinity is not. I am
> certain the JSESSIONID cookie is sent to the browser and sent back with
> every request. But AJP13 connector always round robin every request to the
> next server.  Could anybody help me figure out what the problem is? Thanks
> in advance. Here are my config file snippets:

I believe you have to add a unique jvmRoute to the <Engine> of each
backend tomcat server.

<Engine className="org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine" debug="0"
    defaultHost="localhost" jvmRoute="nbtc1"
    mapperClass="org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineMapper"
    name="Standalone">

I think it can be anything but it must be unique across all instances of
Tomcat participating in the cluster (I'm quoting from memory but it is
in the Tomcat docs for Engine I think).

You should see the jvmRoute being concatenated to the cookies.

cheers

--
Keith Brady
NewBay Software