tomcat-users mailing list archives

From John Thorhauer <jthorha...@phoenixcolor.com>
Subject RE: 4.1.24 jsp taglib evaluation problem
Date Thu, 10 Apr 2003 16:28:09 GMT
David,

Thanks for the response.  I think that you are right.  After further
thought I think that in 4.1.18 tomcat was not overriding the param value
with what I specified in the controllerUrl attribute.  So I think that
the param value was correctly set in spite of my controllerUrl setting.
But I think that in 4.1.24 the parameter was getting overriden with the
<c:out> tag.

Anyways, once I removed the parameter from the controllerUrl I found
that the parameter was passed on to my action properly without
specifying it here.

Thanks for your help,
John

On Thu, 2003-04-10 at 11:27, Karr, David wrote:
> I sincerely doubt this worked in 4.1.18.  You can't nest custom tags
> inside the attribute values of custom tags.  You'll have to use a
> scriptlet expression for the "controllerUrl" attribute value.
>
> After 1.1 is released, I hope to produce a "tiles-el" library.  That
> should make this easier.

** John Thorhauer
** Web Developer
** Phoenix Color Corp.