tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Tony F. White" <t...@worldlingo.com>
Subject Mod_JK2 and 503 ErrorDocument
Date Tue, 29 Apr 2003 05:08:23 GMT
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has had problems with getting a custom 503 ErrorDocument to work
for when the the tomcat server is full or
offline?  We have one for 500 - Internal Server Error and it works fine but when a 503 occurs
we get the ugly generic 503 error
message along with a message stating

"Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument
to handle the request."

What error/problem occurs we don't know as nothing is apart from the 503 request.  Setting
the loglevel to Debug did not help
either.

The way we are testing the 503 page is by shutting the tomcat server down and requesting a
page that requires the servlet.

Tony