tomcat-users mailing list archives

From <ku...@inwind.it>
Subject Re: using a MySQL remote database
Date Tue, 08 Apr 2003 09:11:28 GMT
Ok, i followed both the tips by Greg and this one in the email at the bottom
of this email ( :) ),
but with no success.
I did exactly what the README (containbed in the MySQL connector archive)
explains:

snip from the README file:
================================
  Issue:
  "My application throws a SQLException 'No Suitable Driver'".
  Resolution:
  One of two things are happening. Either the driver is not in
  your CLASSPATH (see the "USAGE AND INSTALLATION" section above), or your
  URL format is incoorect (once again see "USAGE AND INSTALLATION").
================================

Eh, that error above is the error i got!
Although I installed correctly the connector for MySQL in TomCat, im still
getting the errors above. Reading again the USAGE AND INSTALLATION will not
help me.

Finally I tryed to copy the jar containing the MySQL connector every where
in the "lib"s dirs, i also had extracted the class files contained in that
.jar in all the "classes" dirs, and still getting those error :|

Any help? Or Any other way to connect to a MySQL server? Notice that using
others servlet containers like Orion it works perfectly :o
luca