tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Manjula Ramachandra \(mramacha\)" <mrama...@cisco.com>
Subject FW: When clientAuth is true in server.xml
Date Tue, 15 Apr 2003 02:55:56 GMT
Hello,

I do see lot of mail exchanges happening in the mailing list.
Please can anybody help with my problem.

Regs,
Manjula

-----Original Message-----
From: Manjula Ramachandra (mramacha) [mailto:mramacha@cisco.com]
Sent: Monday, April 14, 2003 7:23 PM
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: When clientAuth is true in server.xml

Hello,

Iam configuring Tomcat 3.2.3 for SSL.
If I set clientAuth parameter to false,
then I can see splash screen of Tomcat , when I connect to server using
<https://> :https://<hostname>:<portno>.

But if I set clientAuth to true, then I get the following error No User
Certificate

The site <hostname> has requested client authentication, but you do not
have a Personal Certificate to authenticate yourself. The site may
choose not to give you access without one.

What are the necessary steps required for this to work.
How to proceed ?

Please help.

Regs,
Manjula