tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Alain Leblanc" <alebl...@rochester.rr.com>
Subject Re: MAPPING configuration error
Date Fri, 25 Apr 2003 15:38:29 GMT
Well, I don't whose principle it is that when you finally ask a question you
find the answer yourself within 5 minutes.

For those who may run in the same problem: When defining <Context>s within a
<Host> at least one <Context> must have a zero-length string as value for
the path attribute. It's in the docs. Doesn't look like it was a requirement
for Tomcat3.2

Alain

----- Original Message -----
From: "Alain Leblanc" <aleblan1@rochester.rr.com>
To: <tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Friday, April 25, 2003 11:20 AM
Subject: MAPPING configuration error

I apologize if this is supposed to be trivial, but I updated from TC 3.2 to
TC 4.0 with apache 1.37 and I think I have everything right except for this
message that I get in the catalica_log file:

2003-04-25 10:57:22 StandardEngine[Standalone]: Mapping server name
'XXX.YYY.com'
2003-04-25 10:57:22 StandardHost[test.beeslender.com]: MAPPING configuration
error for request URI

I have a host defined for XXX.YYY.com in my server.xml file. (see below) I
spent a lot of time in the jakarta docs and can't find anything. Any one has
any idea what could cause the problem, or where to look for more info.

Thanks

Here's my server.xml entry. It is defined in the appropriate engine.

<Host name="XXX.YYY.com">
<Context path="/"
docBase="webapps/appname"
crossContext="true"