tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Mark Pease" <mpe...@chartermi.net>
Subject Re: [OFF-TOPIC] Threads
Date Fri, 25 Apr 2003 14:17:17 GMT
I have never done this, and have no clue if it would work, but could you
generate the HTML that says your report is being generated, flush the buffer
(to send it to the client), then run your processing code, and after it is
complete redirect to the report page?

Maybe you could do all this in one servlet, and not have to worry about the
complexity of your proposed solution (multiple threads, listeners, etc.).

Just a thought - good luck!
Mark

----- Original Message -----
From: "Lior Shliechkorn" <liorshliech@yahoo.com>
To: "Tomcat" <tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Friday, April 25, 2003 10:11 AM
Subject: [OFF-TOPIC] Threads

> Hi, I was wondering if anyone would be able to help me with this matter.
I'm running reports that take a little while to run, and I want to display a
page that gives a message that the report is being generated with a thread
that runs the report and checks whether the report is done. I'm not sure how
to implement this, and I was hoping that someone can help by perhaps showing
me some code, or pointing me in the right direction. Thank you very much,