tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "torechia" <torec...@attbi.com>
Subject How to debug servlets under tomcat?
Date Tue, 29 Apr 2003 12:30:30 GMT
I am new to Tomcat and java servlets.  I am running latest tomcat standalone on windows/xp
and am having some problems doing transformations from xml to html in my java servlet.   How
can I debug this?  I would like to step over each line of code and see what is happening.
  I have a copy of Visual J++, but am not sure how to compile and debug  my servlets in this
environment since I am not running IIS.  Currently I am using ant to build and deploy my servlet.
   What is the best tool to debug servlets under tomcat and how can I get it started in the
debugger under tomcat?   Any help would be appreciated.