tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Christopher Bibby" <ch...@chrisbibby.org.uk>
Subject Tomcat on Win98
Date Tue, 15 Apr 2003 11:37:31 GMT
hi,

I'm trying to run Tomcat 4.1.24 on a Windows 98 box but have a problem.
Everything installs fine with the binary file and the server seems to be
awaiting a connection but when I try to go to http://localhost:8080/ I get
this back as the HTML code:

<HTML><HEAD>
<META http-equiv=Content-Type content="text/html;
charset=windows-1252"></HEAD>
<BODY><PRE></PRE></BODY></HTML>

The server is there and listening, but it doesn't seem to want to get
documents and give them to the client??

The error log is:
2003-04-15 12:32:25 CoyoteAdapter An exception or error occurred in the
container during the request processing
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
javax.servlet.http.HttpServletRequest.getContextPath()Ljava/lang/String;
 at
va:160)
 at
eNext(StandardPipeline.java:643)
 at
 at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:995)
 at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.invoke(StandardContext.java:2415)
 at
)
 at
eNext(StandardPipeline.java:643)
 at
java:170)
 at
eNext(StandardPipeline.java:641)
 at
org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:172
)
 at
eNext(StandardPipeline.java:641)
 at
 at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:995)
 at
:174)
 at
eNext(StandardPipeline.java:643)
 at
 at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:995)
 at org.apache.coyote.tomcat4.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:223)
 at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:432)
 at
ction(Http11Protocol.java:386)
 at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:534)
 at
a:530)
 at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:536)

Please help as this is taking too long(!)

Thank you
Chris