tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Ameen Jaradat" <ame...@labbaik.com>
Subject RE: Execute servlet when I startup Tomcat
Date Tue, 15 Apr 2003 10:38:46 GMT
Hello

I hope that the following paragraph about web.xml will be helpful to you

<!ELEMENT servlet (icon?, servlet-name, display-name?, description?,
(servlet-class|jsp-file), init-param*, load-on-startup?, run-as?,
security-role-ref*)>

The load-on-startup element indicates that this servlet should be
loaded (instantiated and have its init() called) on the startup
of the web application. The optional contents of
these element must be an integer indicating the order in which
the servlet should be loaded. If the value is a negative integer,
or the element is not present, the container is free to load the
servlet whenever it chooses. If the value is a positive integer
or 0, the container must load and initialize the servlet as the
application is deployed. The container must guarantee that
servlets marked with lower integers are loaded before servlets
marked with higher integers. The container may choose the order
of loading of servlets with the same load-on-start-up value.

For complete information check (http://java.sun.com/dtd/web-app_2_3.dtd)

Regards