tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Lea" <...@sminet.co.uk>
Subject tomcat + h/w load balancer problem
Date Tue, 22 Apr 2003 20:53:35 GMT
Hi

I have a problem where my load balancer (cisco) checks availability of my dynamic web pages
on tomcat by checking a specific URL for certain text. The LB checks every 1 minute and the
problem I have is that it creates a new session on every request.

After 2 days Tomcat dies due to lack of memory/with too many users, ie. many sessions created
by the load balancer.

Is there anyway that tomcat can be configured to ignore the load balancer (maybe by its IP)
and either not create a new session for it, destroy the session immediately, or by maintaining
a single session for the LB?

Any suggestions or help would be appreciated,

Thanks

Lea