tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "mike jackson" <mjack...@cdi-hq.com>
Subject RE: CLASSPATH
Date Mon, 07 Apr 2003 16:34:09 GMT
1) tomcat makes its own classpath

2) tomcat's class path will include

	${TOMCAT_HOME}\classes (if it exists)
	${TOMCAT_HOME}\lib or common

3) Each web app will additionally have its own WEB-INF\lib and
WEB-INF\classes added to the classpath as well.

So the long and short of it is that you probably should put the Oracle
driver classes in the WEB-INF\lib unless you want them to be available
to all web apps, in which case you put them in the
${TOMCAT_HOME}\lib/common folder.

--mikej
-=-----
mike Jackson
mjackson@cdi-hq.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Sandra Patricia Hunter [mailto:redbirdofthesouth@shaw.ca]
Sent: Monday, April 07, 2003 8:09 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: CLASSPATH

I am struggling with the correct settings for my classpath. I am using
Win2K
and have a real hodgepodge. I don't really understand what I am doing in
setting the class path.
If someone could explain that to me I would appreciate it. I suspect
there
should be an order to things but I am not clear on that either.
This is what I have right now:
CLASSPATH =
C:\j2sdk1.4.0_03\bin;C:\j2sdkee1.3.1\lib\j2ee.jar;C:\j2sdk1.4.0_03\lib\t
ools
.jar;C:\j2sdk1.4.0_03\lib\dt.jar;C:\Tomcat\webapps\idcard\WEB-INF\classe
s\id
card; %path%

Sandra Patricia Hunter

Systems Development and Web Design