tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Mark Pease" <mpe...@chartermi.net>
Subject Re: Heap_Size Help
Date Fri, 11 Apr 2003 18:47:39 GMT
If you are using the Windows service, this link gives you all the
information you need to know:
http://www.alexandriasc.com/software/JavaService/documentation.html

Specifically, you add your JAVA_OPTS to the 'JVM Option Number n' registry
settings, then make sure that you change 'JVM Option Count ' to reflect the
number of options you will then have.

The '-Xmx' setting defines the maximum amount of memory the JVM can use,
whereas the '-Xms' is like an initial memory allocation setting.

Good luck!
Mark

----- Original Message -----
From: "Scott Purcell" <spurcell@vertisinc.com>
To: <tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Friday, April 11, 2003 2:43 PM
Subject: Heap_Size Help

Hello,

I am running Tomcat V4.0.6 on Windows 2000. I am having a memory problem
with the heap that tomcat is configured for. I have searched the web for
info, but I am not finding anything useful. Does anyone know how this is
done?

I did find this
bash>export TOMCAT_OPTS=${TOMCAT_OPTS}" -Xmx512m -Xss64k"

But I truely do not understand what that is doing, I am thinking it may be a
Unix thing and not a PC thing.

thanks,
scott