tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "James Maggs" <james.ma...@virgin.net>
Subject [SOLVED]: Tomcat Ignoring JNDI Resource Parameters
Date Tue, 29 Apr 2003 10:28:33 GMT
Hi Eric,

Thanks for your reply but as in most cases as soon as you ask for help, you
find the solution yourself.

The problem was that in the server.xml file the <Resource> and
<ResourceParams> were defined outside of the <Context>.  My server.xml now
looks like this and everything is working fine:

      <Host name="www.myhost.com" debug="0"
       appBase="webapps" unpackWARs="true" autoDeploy="true">

        <Context path="" docBase="/usr/local/www/myhost.com/htdocs"
          reloadable="true" crossContext="true" debug="5">

            prefix="localhost_myhost_log." suffix=".txt" timestamp="true"/>

            directory="logs"  prefix="myhost_access_log." suffix=".txt"
            pattern="common" resolveHosts="false"/>

          <Realm className="org.apache.catalina.realm.JDBCRealm" debug="99"
            driverName="org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver"
            connectionURL="jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/DB"
            connectionName="user"
            connectionPassword="password"
            userTable="USERS" userNameCol="USERNAME" userCredCol="PASSWORD"
            userRoleTable="USER_ROLES" roleNameCol="ROLENAME" />

          <Resource name="jdbc/MyhostDB"
            auth="Container"
            type="javax.sql.DataSource"/>

          <ResourceParams name="jdbc/MyhostDB">
            <parameter>
              <name>factory</name>
            </parameter>
            <parameter>
              <name>maxActive</name>
              <value>50</value>
            </parameter>
            <parameter>
              <name>maxIdle</name>
              <value>10</value>
            </parameter>
            <parameter>
              <name>maxWait</name>
              <value>10000</value>
            </parameter>
            <parameter>
              <name>username</name>
              <value>user</value>
            </parameter>
            <parameter>
              <name>password</name>
              <value>password</value>
            </parameter>
            <parameter>
              <name>driverClassName</name>
              <value>org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver</value>
            </parameter>
            <parameter>
              <name>url</name>

<value>jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/DB?autoReconnect=true</value>
            </parameter>
          </ResourceParams>

        </Context>

      </Host>

I hope this solution helps others because I've been staring at this problem
for hours!

Thanks again,

-James