tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Jeff Roush" <springbo...@zianet.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat and Apache
Date Mon, 14 Apr 2003 17:14:21 GMT
Oh yes I get the 500 error.  I suspect that it may have something to
do with a copy error during installation but it flashes by so fast I
am unable to determine what the error was. Any assistance would be
appreciated.

Tomcat Start Log:
Apr 14, 2003 11:07:38 AM org.apache.commons.modeler.Registry
loadRegistry
INFO: Loading registry information
Apr 14, 2003 11:07:38 AM org.apache.commons.modeler.Registry
getRegistry
INFO: Creating new Registry instance
Apr 14, 2003 11:07:40 AM org.apache.commons.modeler.Registry getServer
INFO: Creating MBeanServer
Apr 14, 2003 11:07:41 AM org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol init
INFO: Initializing Coyote HTTP/1.1 on port 8080
Starting service Tomcat-Standalone
Apache Tomcat/4.1.18
Apr 14, 2003 11:07:50 AM org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol start
INFO: Starting Coyote HTTP/1.1 on port 8080
Apr 14, 2003 11:07:50 AM org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket init
INFO: JK2: ajp13 listening on /0.0.0.0:8009
Apr 14, 2003 11:07:50 AM org.apache.jk.server.JkMain start
INFO: Jk running ID=0 time=0/140  config=C:\Tomcat\conf\jk2.properties
Unable to find a javac compiler;
com.sun.tools.javac.Main is not on the classpath.
Perhaps JAVA_HOME does not point to the JDK
        at
org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.compilers.CompilerAdapterFactory.getCom
piler(CompilerAdapterFactory.java:139)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Javac.compile(Javac.java:833)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Javac.execute(Javac.java:682)
        at
org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.generateClass(Compiler.java:308)
        at
org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:352)
        at
org.apache.jasper.JspCompilationContext.compile(JspCompilationContext
.java:474)
        at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper
.java:184)
        at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:2
95)
        at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:241)
        at
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(Appl
icationFilterChain.java:247)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationF
ilterChain.java:193)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperV
alve.java:260)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContex
t.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:643)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.jav
a:480)
        at

        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextV
alve.java:191)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContex
t.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:643)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.jav
a:480)
        at

        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.invoke(StandardContext.java:
2415)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.j
ava:180)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContex
t.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:643)
        at
org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorDispatcherValve.invoke(ErrorDispatche
rValve.java:170)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContex
t.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:641)
        at
org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.j
ava:172)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContex
t.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:641)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.jav
a:480)
        at

        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineVal
ve.java:174)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContex
t.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:643)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.jav
a:480)
        at

        at
org.apache.coyote.tomcat4.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:22
3)
        at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java
:432)
        at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.proce
ssConnection(Http11Protocol.java:386)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(PoolTcpEndpoint.java
:534)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadP
ool.java:530)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:536)

http://localhost:8080/index.jsp

Error message:

HTTP Status 500 -

----------

type Exception report

message

it from fulfilling this request.

exception

An error occurred at line: -1 in the jsp file: null

Generated servlet error:
    [javac] Compiling 1 source file

	at
org.apache.jasper.compiler.DefaultErrorHandler.javacError(DefaultError
Handler.java:130)
	at
org.apache.jasper.compiler.ErrorDispatcher.javacError(ErrorDispatcher.
java:293)
	at
org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.generateClass(Compiler.java:340)
)
	at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:
432)
	at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.proces
sConnection(Http11Protocol.java:386)
	at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:
534)
	at
org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPo
ol.java:530)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:536)

Apache Tomcat/4.1.18

Jeff