tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "mike jackson" <mjack...@cdi-hq.com>
Subject RE: IDE
Date Tue, 08 Apr 2003 18:26:10 GMT
Yeah, you have to setup the project to be part of the "team sharing"
thingy.  That'll be the place where you setup your access to CVS, or in
my case VSS.  At least with the VSS plugin it'll map locations far down
the tree to be the "root" of the project, and thusly everything stays
happy.  There's a mapping wizard that'll pop up.  It probably does that
for CVS as well as VSS, but I haven't played with the CVS side of it.

--mikej
-=-----
mike Jackson
mjackson@cdi-hq.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Erik Price [mailto:eprice@ptc.com]
Sent: Tuesday, April 08, 2003 9:18 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: IDE

mike jackson wrote:
> Install the Tomcat plugin into Eclipse.  It'll build the tomcat
project
> structure in the project somewhat like you're showing.

I will have to check it out, especially to see how it creates its -own-
directory structure in the face of Eclipse's preferred way of doing
things (because not all of my development is on Tomcat apps, and it
would be cool to use Eclipse for these too).

> I then restart Eclipse and "refresh" the
> project.

Hmm...

> Also, I like that Eclipse will auto-checkout the files that I want to
> work one.  You just have to pull the file up in the editor and try to
> make a change, it'll ask if you want to check it out and if you say
yes
> then it does.

I'm not sure I understand -- do you have to register your source control

system with Eclipse to do this?  My source control system (CVS) is on a
remote server, and I have to ssh into the machine and checkout the tree,

then download it to my local machine, because my source code repository
is not in the "master" location where CVS will serve it directly to CVS
clients.  :(

Thanks for your input Mike.

Erik