tomcat-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "mike jackson" <mjack...@cdi-hq.com>
Subject RE: (slightly off topic) video
Date Mon, 28 Apr 2003 16:59:58 GMT
Sounds like you need tools to edit the video stream on the fly.  While I
wouldn't mind being able to do that, it's not an issue for me.  Good
luck.

--mikej
-=------
mike jackson
mjackson@cdi-hq.com

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Koes, Derrick [mailto:Derrick.Koes@smith-nephew.com]
> Sent: Friday, April 25, 2003 11:26 AM
> To: 'Tomcat Users List'
> Subject: RE: (slightly off topic) video
> 
> 
> What you did is what I'm doing now for a single video clip.
> 
> Things I'd like to do:
> 
> 1.  Use a meta file to load a play list of several related video
clips.
> 2.  Programmatically set markers in individual clips.
> 3.  Show first frame of the clip at a particular marker.
> 
> 
> -----Original Message-----
> From: mike jackson [mailto:mjackson@cdi-hq.com]
> Sent: Friday, April 25, 2003 3:03 PM
> To: 'Tomcat Users List'
> Subject: RE: (slightly off topic) video
> 
> I did a download and play, but it was only playing around with.
Stored
> data in an Oracle BLOB and allowed download of it (retrieve via file
> id).  Upload process would create the blob, download would retrieve
and
> send.  Fun to play with.
> 
> --mikej
> -=------
> mike jackson
> mjackson@cdi-hq.com
> 
> > -----Original Message-----
> > From: Koes, Derrick [mailto:Derrick.Koes@smith-nephew.com]
> > Sent: Friday, April 25, 2003 10:22 AM
> > To: 'tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org'
> > Subject: (slightly off topic) video
> >
> >
> > Has anyone served videos from a database through tomcat?
> > What did you use as a player?  Did you stream, or download&play?
> > My requirements are somewhat open right now.  I've been dabbling
with
> > Windows Media Player.  It (and its activeX object's
> methods/properties,
> > etc.) seems to handle most everything I need to do.
> >
> > It does have the capability to set markers within the video, so a
user
> can
> > "jump" to the right place in the video upon playback.  However, I
> haven't
> > figured out how to set the markers programmatically.  I can set them
> with
> > one of the SDK utilities called Windows Media File Editor, but I
think
> I'm
> > going to need to be able to set them programmatically.
> >
> > Also, I couldn't figure out how to show the first frame of the video
> at a
> > marker.
> >
> > If anyone has any experience with this, I'd appreciate any
direction.
> > I know about the documentation on MSDN:
> > http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-
> > us/wmplay/mmp_
> > sdk/playerobject.asp
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Derrick
> >
> >
> > /**
> >  * Contact information.
> >  */
> > public class INFO
> > {
> >     static final String NAME = "Derrick Koes";
> >     String title = "Senior Software Engineer";
> >     String company = "Smith & Nephew Endoscopy";
> >     URL companyURL = new URL("
> >     http://www.smith-nephew.com/index-flash.html");
> >     String aolIM = "codeauthor2001";
> >     String EMAIL = "Derrick.Koes@smith-nephew.com";
> >     String PHONE = "(978) 474-6302";
> >     String FAX = "(978) 749-1487";
> > }
> >
> > This electronic transmission is strictly confidential to Smith &
> Nephew
> > and
> > intended solely for the addressee.  It may contain information which
> is
> > covered by legal, professional or other privilege.  If you are not
the
> > intended addressee, or someone authorized by the intended addressee
to
> > receive transmissions on behalf of the addressee, you must not
retain,
> > disclose in any form, copy or take any action in reliance on this
> > transmission.  If you have received this transmission in error,
please
> > notify the sender as soon as possible and destroy this message.
> >
> >
---------------------------------------------------------------------
> > To unsubscribe, e-mail: tomcat-user-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org
> > For additional commands, e-mail: tomcat-user-help@jakarta.apache.org
> 
> 
> 
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: tomcat-user-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org
> For additional commands, e-mail: tomcat-user-help@jakarta.apache.org
> This electronic transmission is strictly confidential to Smith &
Nephew
> and
> intended solely for the addressee.  It may contain information which
is
> covered by legal, professional or other privilege.  If you are not the
> intended addressee, or someone authorized by the intended addressee to
> receive transmissions on behalf of the addressee, you must not retain,
> disclose in any form, copy or take any action in reliance on this
> transmission.  If you have received this transmission in error, please
> notify the sender as soon as possible and destroy this message.
> 
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: tomcat-user-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org
> For additional commands, e-mail: tomcat-user-help@jakarta.apache.org



---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: tomcat-user-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: tomcat-user-help@jakarta.apache.org


Mime
View raw message