tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Jeff Roush" <springbo...@zianet.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat and Apache
Date Mon, 14 Apr 2003 16:39:29 GMT
I feel your pain, I too am unable to get tomcat 4.1.18 to display the
configured correctly page.  http://localhost:8080/ If you find the
solution let me know.

-----Original Message-----
From: Hunter, Sandra [mailto:Sandra_Hunter@BCTransit.Com]
Sent: Monday, April 14, 2003 9:58 AM
To: 'Tomcat Users List'
Subject: RE: Tomcat and Apache

Yeah, yikes was what I said, too. Well that's not a direct quote but
similar
intent of language.

I am trying to confirm with localhost (http://localhost).

I am of the opinion that somehow (and I seem to have unlimited skill
in this
area) I botched the installation and a reinstall would be the best
plan. How
difficult is it to uninstall and reinstall. Someone else told me I
could
just delete it through add/remove programs but I am skeptical.

While I have your attention, I am actually doing this on two different
machines and Apache installed fine on the second one. I am walking
through
your HowTo instructions (with great appreciation for the clarity of
same)
and I realized that I am using Tomcat 4.0 which is not what your
instructions specify. I prefer to follow your directions exactly
rather than
think for myself initially and then try to adapt to my own needs.

Can I A) just change the path names in the various conf files to
reflect
that or B) install a second version of Tomcat or C) uninstall the
older
version of Tomcat and install a newer without causing huge chaos? How
do I
uninstall?