tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Gareth Nolan" <gareth.no...@virgin.net>
Subject Mod_jk2 Installation Problem
Date Mon, 14 Apr 2003 00:12:41 GMT
Hi,

Can anyone help me with my problem. I'm running Linux Redhat 8 with jdk1.4.1_02 installed
and have downloaded Apache 2.0.45 source, Tomcat 4.1.24 binary and jakarta-connectors source.
I've managed to compile apache successfully and can view static pages. Installing tomcat,
I can also view pages through this. My problem is when I come to try and integrate the two
using the mod_jk2 connector. The connector compiled OK but when I start tomcat (with a little
debugging in the connector) I get the following error:

13-Apr-2003 org.apache.jk.apr.AprImpl loadNative
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: /usr/local/apache2/modules/mod_jk2.so: /usr/local/.../mod_jk2.so:
undefined symbol ap_scoreboard_image

The instruction it is doing at the time is System.load("/usr/local/apache/modules/mod_jk2.so")

I thought at first this was something to do with not being compiled with-apr but I have double
checked this with no success.

Any help would be much appreciated as my marriage is suffering due to excessive time on the
computer !!

Thanks,

Gareth