tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Sandra Patricia Hunter <redbirdoftheso...@shaw.ca>
Subject Tomcat and Apache
Date Wed, 23 Apr 2003 13:48:50 GMT
I am not sure if I should be concerned or not.

I have installed Apache and Tomcat on my dev machine and have set up a
production machine that will be the place where users actually make use of
my app. Both machines are on the same network and run Win2K.

Everything works fine but I am not sure if it is working correctly as I
haven't done this before: when I access the app on the dev machine I use
this address: http://localhost/index.jsp . When I access it on the
production machine I have to use this address:
http://devmachine:8080/index.jsp

Seems to me I shouldn't have to include that 8080 if the prod machine is
able to access Apache properly and that we are actually still just using
Tomcat.

There will be minimal users of this application and it will always be used
via the inhouse network so I am not overly concerned but... Should I be?

Sandra Patricia Hunter
Systems Development and Web Design