tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "mike jackson" <mjack...@cdi-hq.com>
Subject RE: logs
Date Mon, 28 Apr 2003 21:26:24 GMT
True, mine started more like yours, and has evolved to something more
elaborate as time progressed.  It's built to the point that I have
several configuration options:

	Date format for log entry

	Location for log files

	Log file "prefix"

	Date format for log file names

	Current "output" level

I also log the class the call is from and the method that made the call,
although that's not mandatory (doesn't make sense from a jsp page for
instance).  It's also multi-threaded, I buffer the log entries and write
in chunks (except for the security log information).  One of these days
I'll probably switch over to log4j.

--mikej
-=------
mike jackson