tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "mike jackson" <mjack...@cdi-hq.com>
Subject RE: IDE
Date Mon, 07 Apr 2003 23:24:21 GMT
I recommend Eclipse.  With the Tomcat and VSS plugins it does everything
that I could want it to do.  I've used JDev, JBuilder, Forte,
VisualAge4Java, they all have their nice features, but I keep coming
back to Eclipse.

This isn't to say that Eclipse doesn't have issues (in Tomcat projects
the properties files I'm putting into my WEB-INF/classes keep going away
for some reason), just that I like it the best currently.  And the cost
was right.

Eclipse is also what Rational's new Java XDK tool is built on top of as
well.

--mikej
-=-----
mike jackson
mjackson@cdi-hq.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Chin, Ed [mailto:ed.chin@lmco.com]
Sent: Monday, April 07, 2003 12:53 PM
To: 'Tomcat Users List'
Subject: IDE

I plan to develop a web application using these technologies:

Tomcat
Struts
Tiles
JUnit
Ant

I am interested in knowing what IDE's developers are using out there.
What
IDE would you recommend for me? Are there IDE's that integrate all these
technologies?

Are there IDE's that allow easier configuration of Tomcat and Struts?
Any
that allow easier use of Servlets and JSP?

-ED