tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Bill Barker" <wbar...@wilshire.com>
Subject Re: problem with hyphen in hostname
Date Wed, 12 Mar 2003 07:26:01 GMT
I just tested this, and it works for me.  My first guess would be that the
<Host> tag is setup wrong.

This is a bit strange, but it should be easy enough to debug.  Try doing:
$ telnet my-host.mycompany.com 80
GET /myapp/my-page-that-does-a-redirect HTTP/1.0
Host: my-host.mycompany.com

Of course, substitute in real information for 'my-host', 'mycompany.com',
and the URL.  If the response is pointing to a different host, then you've
likely got a configuration problem (but it should at least give you hints on
where to look).

"Cindy Ballreich" <cindy@ballreich.net> wrote in message

> I've recently noticed a problem that occurs when I access my site using a
domain name with a hyphen in it. It seems that when I navigate using
dispatcher.forward everything works fine. But when I use
response.sendRedirect the hyphen is lost. Since we also own the same domain
name without the hyphen, the redirection works, but a new session is created
requiring the user to be re-authenticated. (The hyphenated domain name is
preferred over the non-hyphenated one.)

> I've printed out request.getRequestURL() and the hyphen is also missing
from this value. I've tried several of our other domain names (all legal for
this server) and they all work properly. The only one with problems is the
hyphenated one.