tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Sven Köhler <skoeh...@upb.de>
Subject Re: Problem with AJP 1.3 Connector
Date Sat, 01 Mar 2003 18:40:30 GMT
> Thanks for that response. This is the typcial client setup what we have. Now the worse
part of this is, Apache is just doing a request management. All the actual process is done
in Tomcat only. Can you please let me know how do we switch on the incremental garbage collector
on??

If you're using Linux, you surely have a startup-script for tomcat,
don't you?

the command
   export JAVA_OPTS="-Xmx256m -Xincgc"
before calling catalina.sh is a good way to do it. you should already
have rised the max heapsize of the java-vm with the -Xmx option.

If you're using Windows, you have to dive into the registry, and add the
parameters to the tomcat-service.