tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Matthew Oatham" <matthewoat...@hotmail.com>
Subject JspC
Date Sun, 02 Mar 2003 12:56:34 GMT
Hi,

I have managed to run the jsp compiler jspc.bat against a bunch of jsp files. This produced
a load of java servlet code that I now need to compile with javac - correct?

However when I compile these source files generated from jspc I get the following error:

handlePageException(java.lang.Exception) in javax.servlet.jsp.PageContext cannot be applied
to (java.lang.Throwable)
            if (pageContext != null) pageContext.handlePageException(t);
                                                                ^
Has anyone come across this before? Is there anything I can do to solve the problem?

Whilst on the same note:

These jsps where stored in two directories i.e.

/
/secure

but when I run jspc the out put is in one directory i.e. / - is this correct?

What do I need to do to the web.xml file to deploy these compiled jsp' ?

What happens when a jsp has the following or similar ...

<jsp:include page="/secure/commonDisplay.jsp"/>

the file /secure/commonDisplay.jsp doesn't really exist in that form, now it is a class file,
and as I said above resides in / do I need to change the <jsp:include /> tag on every
jsp page or can I add some kind of alias in web.xml to map /secure/commonDisplay.jsp to the
class file produced in /

Hope this makes sense.

Your help is most appreciated.

Regards.