tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Dave Dutcher" <djdutche...@earthlink.net>
Subject Tomcat Manager Stopped Working
Date Sun, 02 Mar 2003 21:06:20 GMT
Hello,

I have been using Tomcat 4.1.12 on Windows XP pro as my development machine
for months now.  I have an Ant project that rebuilds my source code and uses
the org.apache.catalina.ant.ReloadTask to reload my web app.

Like I said, I've been using this for months with no trouble, now this
morning it stopped working.  I can't for the life of me figure out what
could have changed.  The ant project fails with the error:
java.io.FileNotFoundException: http://localhost/manager/reload?path=%2F

If I just try to go to http://localhost/manager with my browser I get a 404
error.  (I have Tomcat configured to use port 80 rather than 8080)
http://localhost/admin/index.jsp gets me a 404 error too.  I haven't tried
the admin page in months though, so I don't know for sure when that broke.

My webapp still works though!  http://localhost takes me to the webapp in my
${TOMCAT_HOME}/webapps/ROOT directory, and it works fine.

Does anybody have any ideas of what I could have done to break the manager?
Or any ideas what I could check to get it working?

Thanks for any help,

Dave