tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Goehring, Chuck Mr., RCI - San Diego" <cgoehr...@resourceconsultants.com>
Subject RE: Multiple databases for basic auth
Date Fri, 28 Mar 2003 23:42:17 GMT
Michael,

If you do anonymous authentication and write a filter or valve that does the authentication,
you could do your own login screen and whatever you want in that area.

Chuck

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael D. Kirkpatrick [mailto:wizard@psychodad.com]
Sent: Friday, March 28, 2003 3:05 PM
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Multiple databases for basic auth

I am running Tomcat 4.1.
I have successfully configured the default basic auth to work with MSSQL
2000.

I have multiple clients.  Each one wants their own "User" database to
administer for themselves.  That is fine, but I can't seem to configure
Tomcat to respect a different User Database for each different app.  I
have messed with web.xml till I am blue in the face.  No such luck with
getting Tomcat to use any other database except for the server default.

I realize that Tomcat is different then Apache.  Since they both are
made by the same people, and Apache can easly do something simular, I
figure it can be achieved with Tomcat as well.  I can't control the
authentication with Apache since I am using a Linux box to access MSSQL
2000 with the Java drivers.

Can anyone offer some guidance here?

Any help in the matter would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Michael D. Kirkpatrick