tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jacob Kjome <h...@visi.com>
Subject Re: free servlet directory gateway w/ tomcat installation instructions
Date Sat, 01 Mar 2003 18:14:31 GMT

Why do you recommend putting the two required jar files ( ldaphttp.jar and
ldapjdk.jar ) in CATALINA_HOME/shared/lib?  Why not just add a WEB-INF/lib
directory to your .war archive and put the jars in there.  It makes for
much simpler deployment and fewer instructions.

Also, why not have a default working example already set up and ready to
go?  As it stands, the .war file you have isn't deployable without some
additional work.  Why not just set it up so that it works by simply
dropping it in CATALNIA_HOME/webapps and something can actually be viewed
by default?  It would make it more clear how things are supposed to work.

Just my $0.02

Jake