tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Curtis Seyfried <curtis.seyfr...@verizon.net>
Subject SOLVED - Setting up TomCat 4.1
Date Sat, 01 Mar 2003 21:59:05 GMT
Thank you for your assistance. I re-wrote all of the set path statement in
ALL of the BAT files that came with Tomcat in the BIN directory. Somehow in
doing this Tomcat then ran and continues to do so. Maybe I had written a
statement wrong, maybe there was one missing I don't know.

Question:
Why so many BAT files? There are:  Startup, Shutdown, Catalina,
Setclasspath, jasper, cpappend, digest, and tool-wrapper. Each one had
blank statements expecting the user to write in numerous paths such as:
JAVA_HOME, CATALINA_HOME, CATALINA_BASE, AND OTHERS.
I would have assumed that in the startup.bat any paths would be set; or
Especially in the setclasspath.bat that ALL necessary paths would be set.
But, each bat file asks for already set paths, new paths, etc. It is very
confusing and creates many many places where you can make one error, or
leave out one path.
Can someone tell me in what order the bats are used so I could combines them ?

All Outgoing mail, downloaded files and e-mail attachments are certified
Virus Free.  Checked by Symantec Norton Anti-virus 2003 using the latest
virus definition
list.
All Incoming mail, downloaded files and e-mail attachments are certified
Curtis Seyfried <mailto:curtis.seyfried@verizon.net>