tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Curtis Seyfried <curtis.seyfr...@verizon.net>
Subject HELP ! RE:RE: RE:setting up tomcat 4.1
Date Sat, 01 Mar 2003 18:10:18 GMT
I have been trying to setup Tomcat 4.1 I have entered all class and other
paths. When I run Startup it goes through a whole set of operations then
finishes with

"can not find file or directory or one of its components -Djava.endorsed.dirs="

If someone can help I'd appreciate it.

If a log of the startup would help I would create one if I knew how, so if
someone can tell me I'd
appreciates that also.

I am running Dell Dimension XPS t700r  PIII-700mHz.  256meg RAM  Win2K pro
sp3 with all security and other patches.  Both j2sdk and j2se1.4.1_01
reside on my D:\
Tomcat is located in  E:\program files_jakarta_libraries\Tomcat 4.1

I have Sun's Java j2sdk1.4.1  set as JAVA_HOME  j2sdk1.4.1 is exactly the
way the directory is written.  I have numerous other Java apps that use the
same JAVA_HOME and have no problems.

After receiving the below responses I did a search on my entire HD :  C:\ ;
D:\  and E:\   there is NOTHING called
-Djava.endorsed.dirs=  ANYWHERE on my HD, nor is there any variation of
this name.

What is the bloody thing ?  Where is it supposed to be ? Can I download it
from somewhere and stick it wherever it is supposed to be?

Startup designates and finds CATALINA_HOME  OK and all of its subs.  in
E:\program files_jakarta_libraries\Tomcat 4.1

One other piece of info. At another time I started Abyss Web Server to
start looking at it, and on a lark went to http://localhost:8080  in my
browser, and the "You have successfully setup Tomcat"  page appeared.  I
was able to open and login on the administration page and manager page .

 >From: "Tam, Michael" <mtam@pfc.cfs.nrcan.gc.ca>
 >To: 'Tomcat Users List' <tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>
 >Subject: RE: RE:setting up tomcat 4.1
 >Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2003 18:37:44 -0500

All Outgoing mail, downloaded files and e-mail attachments are certified
Virus Free.  Checked by Symantec Norton Anti-virus 2003 using the latest
virus definition
list.
All Incoming mail, downloaded files and e-mail attachments are certified