tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Donie Kelly <donie.ke...@tecnomen.ie>
Subject RE: Apache - Tomcat connectors
Date Fri, 14 Mar 2003 12:09:58 GMT
Hi

Why do so many other sites need to do this. Should the definitive source not
be the Tomcat site? If people have time they should submit a working
example. It would be nice if there was an official source for this type of
information.

It sure is a waste of time roaming the web for basic documentation when it
should be readily available. I haven't much experience of all areas of
Tomcat but I'd defiantly submit a HOW-TO for parts I do know. All it need is
for a webmaster to look after the submissions. They could be easily then
added to the existing tomcat site.

Donie
-----Original Message-----
From: Chris Dodunski [mailto:ChrisDodunski@clear.net.nz]
Sent: 14 March 2003 12:07
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Apache - Tomcat connectors

I'm honestly astounded at the number of people struggling with successfully
installing and configuring Apache - Tomcat connectors.  An extensive search
of apache.org (and other sites) reveals why.  Documentation is vague,
fragmented, and quite frankly confusing.  It's frustrating and it's time
wasting.  Time I say for some clear, concise, blow by blow documentation on
performing what should be a relatively simple procedure.  Do you agree?