tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Vy Ho <st946...@drexel.edu>
Subject Simple Question
Date Mon, 03 Mar 2003 04:29:23 GMT

I have a very simple question, and if you are a bit experienced in
tomcat, you probably would know.  I would really appreciate any links,
hints, tips or advices.

The question is this, if I change an application deployment file
(web.xml), and then use the tomcat manager to restart the application
(through the web), would the change in the web.xml file be used?  Is the
restart as of the above action is the same as a restart of the tomcat
server (application) itself (that is to stop and start the whole server)?

If the above does not work (I tried to restart, and it says restart
successfully, but the xml file does not seem to be read), then how to I
do this without actually restart the server?

Thank you very much again for any help.

VD