tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Jason Johnston" <>
Subject RE: Stupid servlet mapping question.
Date Thu, 20 Feb 2003 19:54:32 GMT
Thanks a lot.  I don't know why I didn't try that.  I guess I'm was just
think more from a PERL-regex point-of-view that it wouldn't allow
parameters without the " * ".  Anyway, that fixed it and a few other
mapping problems I had.  Thanks a lot.

>>> 02/20/03 12:06PM >>>

There are no stupid questions.  In fact, as unfortunate as that may
a large number of questions on this list are not nearly as well
as yours.

>    <servlet>
>        <servlet-name>dolookup</servlet-name>
>        <servlet-class>boa.dolookup</servlet-class>
>    </servlet>
>    <servlet-mapping>
>    <servlet-name>dolookup</servlet-name>
>    <url-pattern>/appbase/dolookup*</url-pattern>
>    </servlet-mapping>

You want

No asterisk, no context name (/appbase in your case).  Url patterns
relative to the context, so you don't need the context in there.  The
asterisk complicates the mapping unnecessarily.

Yoav Shapira
Millennium ChemInformatics

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: