tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Jeff Tulley" <JTUL...@novell.com>
Subject Re: Where is the admin context defined?
Date Thu, 13 Feb 2003 18:10:35 GMT
This is defined in the file "admin.xml" in the webapps directory.
It points over to that other location.  One thing that I have done is
rename that file, then inside it rename the context to
"/tomcat/admin".  At that point, the tomcat admin app mostly
works, just the logout button doesn't, in 4.1.18 anyway.  (Easy fix,
which I've been meaning to submit a patch for, if anybody hasn't
beat me to it).

In general, the name "admin" is too generic and I wish tomcat's
were named something different.  When I went to expose this through
Apache and port 80, I just couldn't bring myself to taking over
/admin.

Jeff Tulley  (jtulley@novell.com)
(801)861-5322
http://www.novell.com

>>> jakerobb@mac.com 2/13/03 10:47:52 AM >>>
I have a directory called /admin/ that has a lot of JSP pages in it.
It is
in my $CATALINA_HOME/webapps/ directory.

When I go to http://my.address/admin/, I am taken to Tomcat's built-in
admin
servlet, which is located at $CATALINA_HOME/server/webapps/admin/.

How do I get it to use mine instead?

-Jake