tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Albert Lunde <Albert-Lu...@northwestern.edu>
Subject building just one connector module?
Date Wed, 26 Feb 2003 16:08:20 GMT
I'd like to to build mod_jk for use with an existing build of Apache
1.3.27 and the binary distribution of Tomcat 4.1.18.

But I've like to avoid building from source all the connectors for
all Apache versions. I'm not sure that I need anything beyond
the apache module for 1.3.x.

Is it feasible to build such a limited subset of stuff?

My initial experiments suggested two approaches: setting some
properties in a build.properties file to empty strings, and plugging
in jar files from the binary distribution where the build process
expects to find them.

Any advice on how to do this, other than trial and error?

(I'm presently working on Red Hat Linux 7.0 but will need
to do this again for Solaris 8 and/or a later version of Red Hat.)
--
     Albert Lunde         Albert-Lunde@northwestern.edu (new address)
                          Albert-Lunde@nwu.edu (old address)