tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Bill Barker" <wbar...@wilshire.com>
Subject Re: 403 Forbidden - you don't have permission ... any ideas?
Date Sat, 22 Feb 2003 04:41:28 GMT
With your config, the one thing that you can rule out for sure is the
connector.  Apache won't consult the connector in this case (or, rather, it
will but mod_jk(2) will punt :).  It is entirely an Apache configuration
problem.  Just for chuckles, you could try commenting out the 'AllowOverride
None' in the <Directory /> element.  I've never used Apache under Windows,
so it might be different.

To combine responses:
It isn't necessarily true that 8080 would fail if Apache does.  For one
thing, it is typically running as a different user.  For another, Tomcat
doesn't do the tree-walk, so it is happy as long as it has 'rx' permissions
on the final directory.  Apache requires 'rx' permissions on all
directories, since it will check them all for the presence of a '.htaccess'
file.