tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Bill Barker" <wbar...@wilshire.com>
Subject Re: javax jar
Date Sat, 22 Feb 2003 04:08:39 GMT
Right and wrong.  It is true that javax.* is spread out in multiple jars.
For Tomcat (I'm assuming that you are using 4.x here), the
javax.xml.parsers.* are in $CATALINA_HOME/common/endorsed.

"Goehring, Chuck Mr., RCI - San Diego" <cgoehring@resourceconsultants.com>
wrote in message
news:785D6D0C96D20241B575BF89C3976964820888@rcisdex01.ResourceConsultants.co
m...
Jacques,

javax.* are in multiple places.  That particular set of classes is in in
rt.jar for j2sdk 1.4.

On windows, searching for files containing javax.xml.parsers finds it
because that string winds up in the jar.

Chuck

-----Original Message-----
From: Jacques Capesius [mailto:jacques_capesius@cnt.com]
Sent: Friday, February 21, 2003 2:23 PM
To: 'Tomcat Users List'
Subject: javax jar

Hi folks,

I have a somewhat bizarre question: do you know which of the tomcat jars
contains the javax.* classes?

The reason I ask is that I'm trying to get a JSP page that imports
javax.xml.parsers.* and a few other javax classes onto a Oracle9i Portal
server. It's not finding the classes, so I'm hoping moving the jar over into
the oracle portal server's classpath would help.

hopefully, that question wasn't too block-headed. thanks :)